Policies & Procedures
Fees (As of 7/1/18)
Note: Masonic Cancer Center Research Members are eligible for a rate discount on analyzer and sorting services.
See the Masonic Cancer Center Intranet for details.
- Self-Serve Analyzers: $33.93/hour
- Self-Serve Analyzer Training: $175.00
- Cell Sorting: $87.56/hour
- Acquisition services: Instrument charge + $53.89 labor
- Analysis Services: $58.89/hour ($53.89 labor + $5 tech fee)
- Analysis Workstation: No charge. First come first served.
- Sign up using the online scheduling system prior to ALL use.
- Adjust the scheduling calendar for extra time used.
- Enter complete and accurate billing information. Contact your accounting staff with questions regarding billing.
- Please cancel unneeded time ASAP. Users may not cancel reserved time on the instrument after the time has passed. You will be billed if you do not cancel in advance.
Your first visit (some helpful suggestions)
- Review training lab protocol document
- Confirm experimental design (controls etc.) with UFCR staff
- Start with ~10 samples in 0.5-1.0 ml volume (0.5-1.0 x 106 cells) in duplicate
- Cells should be in suspension with no visible aggregates.
- Samples should be in Falcon tubes #2052/2054/2035 or other validated tube.
Cell populations to be analyzed on any UFCR instrumentation cannot contain radionuclides or infectious agents. Specifically, it is not permissible to bring cells into the facilities for analysis that contain radioactive substances (eg, P-32) or are known to be infected with bacteria, viruses, or fungi. Examples would include cells known to be producing infectious virus such as EBV or HIV. This policy is enforced because flow cytometers generate aerosols, which we cannot contain during analysis or sorting.
- Complete the Start-up and Shut-down Procedures (See list below for instrument-specific SOP)
- Shut down the cytometer and computer if you are the last user of the day
- Supply reservoir should be FULL and waste reservoir should be EMPTY for the next user
- Leave a tube containing no more than 1 ml of H2O on sample injection port
- NEVER leave the cytometer in RUN mode when finished
- Please refrain from instructing untrained personnel with regards to instrument care or operation. This will help to keep information accurate and consistent
Consultation regarding your experimental design, instrument operation and setup for acquisition, or data analysis on the benchtop instrumentation is available. Please request an appointment with UFCR staff by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-0441.
Consultation regarding your experimental design, instrument operation and setup for acquisition, or data analysis on the benchtop instrumentation is available. Please request an appointment with UFCR staff by contacting email@example.com or 612-624-7680.