Cytokine Reference Laboratory
The Cytokine Reference Laboratory is a CLIA-88 licensed facility specializing in the analysis of cytokines, chemokines, and growth factors from a variety of biological sources.
The director of the lab is Dr. Angela Panoskaltsis-Mortari, professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Blood and Marrow Transplantation and the Division of Pulmonary Medicine. Dr. Mortari is board-certified by the American Board of Medical Laboratory Immunology.
The Cytokine Reference Laboratory has over 20 years of experience participating as a testing laboratory for a variety of clinical trials.
The Cytokine Reference Laboratory has over 20 years of experience participating as a testing laboratory for a variety of clinical trials, and is highly experienced with immunoassays using ELISA (both conventional and multiplex) and fluorescence bead-based antibody systems (Luminex platform) that allow multiple assays to be performed on a very small amount of material. These types of assays are especially important in testing involving pediatric populations, where sample sizes can often be very limiting.
Cytokine Reference Laboratory equipment:
- BioRad 550 ELISA plate reader with integrated software (Microplate Manager) on a dedicated computer
- Epoch Microplate Spectrophotometer with Gen5 2.05 software
- Luminex 100 and 200 systems with sheath fluid delivery systems with BioPlex software on dedicated computers
- MAGPIX powered by Luminex XMAP Technology with xPonent software
- Quansys analyzer (for multiplex chemiluminescent ELISA)
- Refrigerator (4°C) and freezer (-80°C) both with temperature recording charts
- Single and multichannel pipettes
- Incubator (for ELISAs requiring higher than room temperature incubations)
- BioTek automated plate washer