Scientific Advisory Board
The Center for Translational Medicine Scientific Advisory Board reviews, advises and provides guidance on Center activities.
New proposals for collaborations or partnerships are submitted to the Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) for review and approval. The scientific advisory board also meets to discuss the prioritization of Center for Translational Medicine programs, project updates, and interactions within the UMN and with external collaborators.
Scientific Advisory Board members:
- John Bischof, PhD (Distinguished McKnight University Professor; Carl and Janet Kuhrmeyer Chair, Mechanical Engineering; Medtronic-Bakken Endowed Chair for Engineering in Medicine, Mechanical Engineering)
- Samuel Dudley, MD, PhD (Professor of Medicine, Cardiovascular Division, Chief, Cardiovascular Division, Director, Lillehei Heart Institute)
- Leo T. Furcht, MD (Chair, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology)
- Gunda I. Georg, PhD (Director, Institute for Therapeutics Discovery and Development; Chair, Department of Medicinal Chemistry Director)
- Sven-Ulrik Gorr, PhD (Professor, Department of Diagnostic and Biological Sciences)
- Jeffrey S. Miller, MD (Director, Cancer Experimental Therapeutics Initiative; Deputy Director Masonic Cancer Center; Deputy Director, Clinical Translational Science Institute)
- Tucker LeBien, PhD (Associate Director, Office of Discovery and Translation; Associate Vice President for Research, Academic Health Center; Vice Dean for Research, Medical School)
- John Wagner, MD (Director, Department of Pediatrics, Hematology-Oncology and Blood Marrow Transplantation; Co-Director of the Center for Translational Medicine)
- Bruce R. Blazar, MD (Director, Clinical and Translational Science Institute; Academic Health Center Associate Vice President for Clinical and Translational Science Programs; Director of the Center for Translational Medicine)